Sunday, October 07, 2007

studio lovin'

so. it has been my quest for about a year now, to create a studio in the basement of our house. I thought i avoided this desire the moment i set up a new space in the living room. I mean, I love to be around the 'action' of the house.....but to be honest, it's just too much stuff upstairs in the main room!! tables, boxes, torsos', my maniquens, bead bins, toolz, lights, looms, and fabric strewn all over. it actually makes me crazy (even though it is nicely organized) it still is a lot of stuff...and stuff that you can't just tuck in a corner. It has successfully taken over the office area and half of the living room.....

so. i have re-visited the quest to put the studio in the basement.

now. this isn't any old quest. i have been on it for about a week now. and it's taken something! the basement right now is used as storage...and not in a pretty kind of way!! Absolutely no organization down there. So i have spent $150 on shelves, and a good few hours trying to sort out what I think should go where.....This weekend I have spent a good 5 hours down there, and to my dismay, have had no success in even noticing!!

I will have Monday off. and will start to sort and organize. I hope to have the basement organized before I leave for my trips for work! I have a few christmas gifts I need some big space for....not to mention time.......

In all. my quest has been answered. I will have my very own studio space! with lots of SPACE.....I will bring a radio down there...and maybe one day a tv (it helps me to feel less lonely) It will be perfect. I can hardly wait.......

No comments: