Wednesday, February 02, 2011

New Ink

January 31, 2011
My mom loved flowers. all kinds of flowers. her favourites were blue roses though.  How eccentric.

At her service, almost every bouquet that we received had lilies in it. Shortly after her service, my sisters and I, had a tattoo of Lilies put on our bodies.

My baby sister, had a lily on her side and my little sister got lilies on her feet. I decided to put one on my arm. The blue, of course, represents my mom. The pink and purple one represents my sisters and the orange one represents trust.  Most people pay for art on walls, I've just invested in my body art.....I'm so happy I did it. and loved the process. I know mom would be touched that it's honour of her. 

1 comment:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

I'm so glad to see you back! Such sad news about your Mom. It's such a difficult time, I know. Love the new ink and think she would too. Hope you keep up your good works and that we can have a coffee some time soon. All best. XXXOOO