Sunday, January 25, 2009

blessed

After I posted my blog last night, I remained awake for a number of hours. The adrenaline had done a number on my body.   I finally got to sleep, only to awake a few hours later. Needless to say, the sleep wasn't restful. I did allow myself to do nothing today. I gave myself permission to do whatever I felt. That's always nice. I had a 40 minute nap...which is always nice.

Anyhow. Today, I have had so many friends, family and neighbours pulling together. My inbox has been overflowing with such warm regards for my (and jack's etc) safety. I am so blessed to have such an amazing network. Thank you.

The police were still at the house until 1pm today. We weren't allowed to move the car or go in the backyard as investigations with the forensics unit had to occur. I guess that's what happens when the police both shoot and get shot at in your back alley way.   

Despite what happened last night/today. I am still in awe and amazed at my neighbours! the neighbours directly beside me, they weren't home last night...they tried to come home around 10pm but the police wouldn't let them get to their home. So they stayed with  a friend. As soon as they got home this morning, they went home and made us breakfast!! over they trott with blueberry pancakes and syrup! Our other neighbour on the other side of us, came over to re-play her experience. Poor thing had to go through the experience alone......at least she wasn't sitting in her basement. She was just told to stay out of the windows of her house.

I was interviewed by the Toronto Sun Today. I doubt they will publish what I said. I told them how I felt safe with the police there, and that the neighbourhood isn't bad. I believe his direct question was "how do you feel living in the crossfire's of gangs and guns".....I simply said. that I loved my neighbourhood and that I felt safe. Because I did. and I do. 

I am a strong believer that things happen in your life for a reason. What I am walking away from this experience is really noticing how strong and how courageous I was in such a circumstance. I was strong. I wasn't too scared. I did what needed to get done. and with almost no emotion.   I  felt so safe and knew (and TRUSTED) my angels and environment.....one thing i am going to try to do more of.


No comments: