Wednesday, December 27, 2006

happy holidays


in brantford, so i haven't wrote. i have barely been able to come online to check email, bank accounts or 'surf the net' (translation: read all my favourite blogs, news and updates). what i have been doing, is spending a lot of well deserved and needed time with the family. for the first time in what seems like forever, (it might really be a decade) i spent the holidays with my dad. we had a really great time, minus the flu and the cold! both my dad and i traveled from outside of brantford for the holidays, and the two of us ended up horendously ill. i spent most of christmas day sleeping. while my dad hibernated in a hotel room for a few days. other than being ill...with both the flu (christmas eve and christmas) turn cold...still residing. it was awesome. i spent christmas eve with my mom and 3 siblings. we had a great time. lots of kids, comotion, and food. hmmm....it was great.


christmas was probably the best christmas i have had in awhile. (even being sick!) after throwing up everything i ate all of the day...a christmas miracle happened...and I actually kept down a smidgen of turkey and some potatoes. looking back, it's a little sad i had to turn down such food..but at the time, i made the best decision.


this holiday season, i am really present to how generous people are in my life. I am very lucky to have such generous and supportive people in all aspects of my life. I am heading back to toronto tomorrow, and taking the next 5 days to relax, bead, read and cook. I need to get better. so i will try some new soup recipes out. I can't wait to get back to my own bed; knowing that my holidays was spent with friends and family.


No comments: