Monday, September 14, 2009

yummy - eggplant lasanga

With losing weight, I am starting to become obsessed with food...in a much healthier way than before! Before eating looked like: as much as I wanted as long as it was delicious...and processed/packaged food was ok as long as it was quick and yummy.

Now: i am just obsessed with what people are eating, new ways of cooking, new foods and HOW to make things.

So I have to confess. Up until this point in my life, I have never bought an eggplant. I have tried it a few times, but never have I prepared it.

So i bought an eggplant. For a few days, I tossed and turned. I asked a few people how they prepare eggplant. I looked up recipes at www.sparkpeople.com...I do what I do best...THINK. Until eventually I thought, this eggplant may go bad (and now, wouldn't that be a sad story to tell everyone!)

How I ended up preparing it...was. I wanted to make an eggplant paremsian (I have had it prepared this way before---delicious) however, i didn't want to bread it. So...I prepared an eggplant lasanga!!

I fried the eggplant before using it....(apparently frying is good for eggplant..who knew?) Anyhow. I fried it in an olive oil. lightly.

Then I used the eggplant in place of noodles.

The sauce was crushed tomatoes, with garlic, spinach, red peppers, mushrooms, soy-ground-round and a dash of feta cheese. Topped with low-fat marble cheese.

Bake in the oven. and you have one delicious and yummy meal. I am salivating just thinking of it. It was so good, I shared it with my roomate!

No comments: