Tuesday, April 11, 2006

brokeback mountain...

What a great movie. I loved it.
I saw it for the first time awhile ago, however, we did the ole 2 for 1 deal. So once this movie was over, went to see Casanova (also a heath ledger movie). I think that seeing Casanova right after affected my ability to really take in this movie. What an amazing movie. The part that I loved best, is how i could relate and how I loved all of the characters. No one was the villain. well, love or society the villain. I love this movie. for a mainstream movie to dive into such homosexuality, really put the film at risk. I love that it was received mostly, with open arms, only a few theatres not willing to show it. Sometimes within the gay/lesbian/queer community, we are often the biggest critics. Often the most common critique being that the gay character is demonstrated in a stereotypical manner. On the L-word right now (i'm a few episodes behind) ; comments from the Transgendered community range from supporting Max's character to hating the demonic demonstration of Max going through the transition. I guess this in another post, for another time. I'm going to catch up on season 3 and then will post my comments on what I think, is the best season yet.

As far as brokeback mountain goes. I loved it. i loved it. i loved it. Whenever i hear the theme song, i get goose bumps (thank you oscars!) i really enjoyed this the first and second time. crying not as hard the second time, but really enjoying some of the smaller details of the intimacy the second time around. I leave with the comments of " i can't quit you".....

No comments: